A fun, new way to learn how to swim and be safe
We have partnered with Swimming Australia to deliver students a new and effective swimming and water safety program focusing on contemporary experimental and activity-based learning, encouraging and supporting students to explore pathways into competitive recreational lap swimming.
Inplementation of this high-quality, activity-based educational program is designed to better integrate student learning outcomes into real-world, offering students opportunity to:
- Gain maxiumum participation and practice time in activities that encourage, mentor and support the learning process where they are active for most of the lesson.
- Be empowered to think, discuss and decide through experimental based learning where mentoring, guidance and challange encourages them to use and enhance their knowledge, skill and understanding.
- Learn and understand essential components of personal survival and water safety elements while concurrently in addition to development of establishing strong and effective swimming technique.
- Be supported by professional, qualified teachers as they progress the curriculum toward the Optus Junior Dolphins Program.
Aquatic Pathways from Infants through to Optus Junior Dolphins
Optus Junior Dolphins is designed to encourage continued participation in aquatic activity through competitive and recreational/lap swimming. The curriculum for the program builds on the core and foundation elements in the GOSWIM program, as each skill is broken down into segmented and achievable components that streamline and refine technique and enhance the developments of efficiency and endurance.
Infant classes 6 months - 3.5 Years
- Introduces infants to water in a fun and warm environment.
- Develops infant and care givers knowledge of aquatic enviroments.
- Teaches care givers how to interact with infants in an aquatic environment
- Fun and social for children and adults.
Pre School 3.5 year - school
- Encourages personal development and independance.
- Educates children on safe practices in and around the pool and other aquatic environments.
- Personal water safety skills.
- Prepares students for further aquatic experiences.
- Stroke developments
- Water safety education
- Progressive program to allow development through to squad
- Personal survival skills education
While many have the benefits of learning to swim at a young age Yarra Centre offers beginner and intermediate lessons for adults who have little or no swimming experience. With classes designed to teach basic stroke skills and technique our adult lessons are run one on one. Call reception for class times.
The cool stuff
- Weekly lessons- Enjoy weekly swimming lessons throughout the year for 48 weeks.
- Easy and affordable- with weekly payment, swimming lessons are much more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system.
- Ongoing enrollment- preventing the need to re-enrol each term and offering your preferred lesson time.
- Optus Splash Ap- communicate and stay in touch with your childs progression, learning, activities and outcomes.
- Year round unrestricted access
- 4 weeks FREE family swim access over summer
- 1 week holiday water safety program
* Note: Swimming parents of Aquatic Ed students pay casual entry fee
The serious stuff
- Valid for direct debit memberships only
- 1 week holiday program consists of 5 x 30 minute lessons, consecutive days.
- 1 week holiday program must be booked in advance.
- admin fee may apply
- see centre for full terms and conditions
Optus Splash app
The program is fully integrated into Swimming Australias Optus Splash app to enhance parent communication. You can download the Optus Splash app the android mobiles at Google Play store and for iphone in the apple store.
Features of the app include
- parents identifying and tracking students progress through our clearly defined pathway
- availability of digital encouragement awards as students progress through each stage and element of the program.
- parents access online information enhancing their knowledge and understanding of the curriculum, learning activities, learning outcomes and competency assessment criteria in student application of knowledge, skill and understanding.
From $15.50 per week